Wearing jewellery to work can be intimidating, in a conservative environment, you can limit yourself to merely wearing earrings. In less traditional offices, studs and little hoops are okay, but they should not be distracting. At work, loud, glitzy jewellery is unacceptable, as it will only serve to distract your coworkers. You can use sparkly pieces for formal events but be careful not to overdo it. A single statement piece is sufficient, and it can be complemented with more subdued pieces. Sets are acceptable, but you risk seeming overly uniformed. Anything goes for a party but never fall for the temptation to wear too much jewellery that it overshadows you.
What to Pair with What –
- Chokers – A choker can be best described as a tight-fitting necklace constructed of a variety of materials such as beads, leather, and metal. In the 1980s, these necklaces had a poor rep, but celebrities like Gigi Hadid, Kendall Jenner helped to popularize them to the point where they are now a fashion mainstay. Choose thinner earrings that will not touch or detract from the choker when wearing it properly. When wearing this piece of jewellery, one must also consider the neckline.
- Long chains/necklaces – long chains/necklaces are so popular in the fashion industry that you’d think they’d be simple to put on. People, on the other hand, appear to make several errors that detract from the value of their jewellery. The classic long necklace looks fantastic with high necks and collars, as well as high low silhouettes, because it establishes proportion. Wearing lengthy chains with long garments looks strange and may make you appear overdressed. Shorter necklace lengths and multiple parts will assist bring attention to your necklace without overpowering your ensemble.
- Earrings – The hoop, the stud, the statement, the drop; all these options might make it tough to choose. Formal occasions call for little hoops and drop earrings. You can wear your giant hoops, feathers, or other statement earrings to parties and less formal gatherings. It is vital to match your earrings to your dress, but not too closely, as this would make you look like a doll.
- Rings– Wearing rings used to be all about symbolism, but now it is all about fashion. If you are comfortable, you can wear a ring on any finger. Stackable rings are popular right now, and they do not have to be the same metal hue as before. Rings are worn by both men an
- Bracelets – Bracelets have long been a fashion staple, ranging from simple to striking. A bracelet for work should be slim and unobtrusive. For less formal occasions, chunky bangles are ideal. Because stacking is fashionable, do not be hesitant to pile your bracelets, but keep the occasion in mind. Make sure to choose wristbands that fit properly, as an ill-fitting bracelet is just inconvenient. Bracelets look great with strapless, halter, and short-sleeved outfits.
For More African inspired jewellery visit House of Nala.